[TUHS] early cc variable and function names

random832 at fastmail.us random832 at fastmail.us
Sat Oct 18 06:37:08 AEST 2014

On Thu, Oct 16, 2014, at 22:52, Larry McVoy wrote:
> abc.st_size
>
> Huh, abc is a struct stat.
>
> I get that it was a bug and needed to be fixed but I wish that everyone
> still pretended that it was one namespace, makes code so much easier to
> read.

I'm not sure what your design is that you're more than a screen away
from either its declaration, a stat call, or the fact that it's got size
_and_ mode _and_ mtime etc.

And if you do that, why stop there? Why not require the type to be
repeated to dereference any pointer?

while(*x == 0)

is x a pointer to int, to char, to another pointer, etc?