[TUHS] Teletype

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Tue Sep 16 05:38:39 AEST 2014

On Mon, 15 Sep 2014, John Foust wrote:

> Last summer I picked up a Western Union-branded Teletype Model 28 KSR
> (circa mid-1950s) in near-pristine condition for $50.  Almost twenty
> years ago I found a Model 33 in a university dumpster.

For many years I used to collect old SCSI disks that otherwise would have
met a sticky end*.  The most reliable ones were Fujitsu (they just
soldiered on and on) with HP next (they made a noise like a jet engine,
but I'm partially deaf anyway, due to attending too many *loud* rock
concerts#).

To this day, I still keep an eye out on the verge,

[*]
They were chucked out for the sin of being deemed too small for the latest
bloatware, but I never did find one small enough to act as a perfect RAID
journal.  The littlest one was 2Gb, whilst I was searching for something
around 20Mb.  Yes, I'm weird.

[#]
Bliss is when you are seated right in front of Suzi Quatro's Marshall
stack.  Your ears will ring a bit afterwards...

-- Dave