[TUHS] Project Athena archive

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Mon Apr 20 22:29:36 AEST 2015

    > From: Sergey Lapin

    > Is there some archives of project Athena?
    > I'd like to see how it was back then...

There is an _very_ extensive online archive of stuff here:

  http://web.mit.edu/afs/

and what you're looking for might be in there _somewhere_.

If not, I know some people I can ask (I never used it myself). But, if so, a
bit more detail? Athena was huge, presumably you don't want all the students'
files! But just the operating system? (IIRC it was initially mostly 4.3BSD,
with some minor extensions.) Or the tools and applications they wrote as well?
(E.g. X-Windows, IIRC, came from Athena.) Most of that does seem to be in
that archive.

	Noel