[TUHS] Some notes on running UNIX v6 in 2015, using SimH and a healthy dose of documentation

Will Senn will.senn at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 07:37:42 AEST 2015

All,

I am studying Unix v6 using SimH and I am documenting the process, as I
go, as part of my own learning process. I have much to learn about Unix,
Unix v6 in particular, the PDP architecture and its relationship with
v6, and SimH's emulation of the PDP, so, I am taking notes... I thought
that I would share the notes in raw form as occasional blog posts in the
hope that the knowledge that I work to obtain, might be made available
and useful to others. I also believe that these forms of communication,
as insignificant as they may seem individually are part of helping to
preserve the knowledge of our computing history, in the aggregate. Here
is a link to the first post, a run at an installation walk-through:

http://decuser.blogspot.com/2015/11/installing-and-using-research-unix.html

I am open to feedback and criticism, but please keep in mind that I am a
relative newbie to v6 and PDP land, some of my assumptions are
probably/undoubtedly wrong, but definitely fixable :).

Regards,

Will