[TUHS] boot block in v7 bootable on rp06 in simh

John Cowan cowan at mercury.ccil.org
Sun Dec 6 06:12:56 AEST 2015

Will Senn scripsit:

> Well, you were right, sim didn't want to build 64 bit. However, I
> already had a working sim, so I simply used the existing pdp11
> binary and your instructions. They worked!

I simply wrap gcc in this script:

#!/bin/sh
exec /usr/bin/gcc -m32 "$@"

to solve problems like this.  I keep it in ~/bin named gcc32 and
then rename it to gcc when I need to compile 32-bit-specific code.
It's much better than trying to whack on the Makefile.  I wish I could
use a similar hack to get bas/bs running directly on Linux: they seem
to assume 16-bitness, and segfault quickly.

John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        cowan at ccil.org
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less
than half of you half as well as you deserve.  --Bilbo