[TUHS] etymology of cron

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Fri Dec 25 01:01:25 AEST 2015

It seem to me to be sad statement that it takes this kind of work to get
the truth out, but it looks like my informal role as "Emeritus President"
of USENIX may pay a small dividend.

Rik Farrow, the current USENIX Board and I had a round of email yesterday.
It turns out a number of members of the USENIX Board have also has similar
or in one case worse experiences, with the Wikipedia folks -- so folks were
more than happy to see if they can help make it right.

Rik in his role as the editor of ;login is going to try work with Doug and
to get something "published" into the next edition which should satisfy the
Wikipedia folks.   There is a minor issue is that Rik is technically past
the deadline but due to the holiday, there are a few days of grace that the
workers putting the issue together have said they will thankfully try to
handle.

So maybe we can have get this fixed shortly.

Clem