[TUHS] mkfs somewhere else?

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Sun Feb 8 16:36:08 AEST 2015

On Sun, 8 Feb 2015, Jacob Ritorto wrote:

> However, when I try to mkfs, I can see the heads trying to write on the
> headcrashed part of the disk.  (Nice having those plexiglass covers!)
>
> Is there a way to tell mkfs (or perhaps some other program) to not try
> to write on the damaged cylinders?

Modify the driver itself?

I also wrote a paper on a "bad block" system, where something like inum
"-1" contained the list of bad sectors, but never saw it through.

--
Dave Horsfall DTM (VK2KFU)  "Bliss is a MacBook with a FreeBSD server."
http://www.horsfall.org/spam.html (and check the home page whilst you're there)