[TUHS] 2.9BSD on an actual rl02 - swap confusion

Jacob Ritorto jacob.ritorto at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 06:52:20 AEST 2015

Hey, thanks Guys!  Ok, good that the kernel already knows about it.

  The actual problem I'm having is that ps doesn't work.

  I assume it tries to look at /dev/swap as its pointer, but since there's
no /dev/rl0a, dev/swap has nothing reasonable to point to, so ps fails with
/dev/swap: no such device (iirc).

  Was thinking of experimentally linking /dev/swap to rl0 but logic
dictates that would trash the root filesystem (which is nbd since I can
easily restore the 2.9 rl02 root from the archives with Warren's vtserver!)

Gonna go read some source.  Thanks!

jake