[TUHS] COHERENT sources released under 3-clause BSD license.

Jose R. Valverde jrvalverde at cnb.csic.es
Fri Jan 9 19:50:05 AEST 2015

What Andrzej fails to mention is that for quite a long time, Coherent has been
maintained alive by a reduced groups of enthusiasts gathered around him and
comp.os.coherent and that a binary distribution was also available thanks to
a great extent to his devoted work (he was one of the few who had permission
to).

I have mentioned on occasion that I remember the code being left loose under
a permissive license sometime around the end of the '90s, and I got a copy
then, but -sadly- didn't keep the original message with the license (I was
switching jobs or house or both or traveling or something).

Anyway, the available binary distro can be run on Qemu reasonably well. I think
I was the first to succeed running it on 2008 on Qemu 0.9.1.

In any case, I would like to publicly thank Adrzej for all the work he has been
doing all these years to keep Coherent alive.