[TUHS] recreating bj.s for Unix v5

Mark Longridge cubexyz at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 04:23:33 AEST 2015

I noticed that the assembly source file for blackjack is missing from
the source tree so I tried to recreate it, so far unsuccessfully.

My first idea was to grab bj.s from 2.11BSD and assemble it the Unix
v5 as command. That seems to generate a bunch of errors. Also other
assembly source files don't seem to have .even in them.

Another idea would be generate the source code from the executable
itself, but there doesn't seem to be a disassembler for early Unix.

It's possible that v5 bj.s was printed out somewhere but so far no
luck finding it.

Mark