[TUHS] recreating bj.s for Unix v5

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Sat Jun 13 04:39:36 AEST 2015

    > From: Mark Longridge <cubexyz at gmail.com>

    > My first idea was to grab bj.s from 2.11BSD and assemble it the Unix v5
    > as command. That seems to generate a bunch of errors. Also other
    > assembly source files don't seem to have .even in them.

My first question was going to be 'Maybe try an earlier version of the
source?', but I see there is no earlier version online. Odd. ISTR that some
of the fun things in V6 came without source, maybe blackjack was the same way?

    > Another idea would be generate the source code from the executable
    > itself, but there doesn't seem to be a disassembler for early Unix.

Where's the binary? I'd like to take a look at it, and see if the source was
assembler, or C (there's a C version in the source tree, too). Then I can
look and see how close it is to that 2.11 source - that may be a
re-implementation, and totally different.

	Noel