[TUHS] 101 fixes for unix V6?

Warren Toomey wkt at tuhs.org
Mon Nov 23 05:32:20 AEST 2015

Hi all, I just receivd this e-mail from Will Senn who has just joined
the TUHS mailing list:

----- Forwarded message from Will Senn -----
Hi,
I am conducting research on older UNIX operating systems and came
across a letter from Richard Wolf to Ian Johnstone, dated Feb 5, 1979.
On p. 29 of the AUUGN, Volume 1 number 3, Mr. Wolf refers to a set of
101 fixes for research version 6. In my research, I am currently using
v6 and wondered if you knew where I might find the fixes or if the
bits are known to exist?

Kind Regards,
Will
----- End forwarded message -----

Will, there was a "50 bugs" tape for 6th Edition Unix that was "released"
to Unix owners in a very interesting distribution method: see
http://www.groklaw.net/articlebasic.php?story=20060616172103795

You can find it in the Unix Archive. Look in Applications/Spencer_Tapes/unsw3.tar.gz. It is the file usr/sys/v6unix/unix_changes.

Does anybody know of something which could be described as "101 fixes for
research version 6"? The phototypesetter version of Unix was V7.

Cheers all and welcome to the list Will.

	Warren