[TUHS] Porting 2.11 BSD

Nick Downing downing.nick at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 22:01:07 AEST 2015

Yeah, I would definitely go for 4.3bsd using scc in that case. The 64 kbyte
limitation of 2.11bsd using cc will cause continual hassles, even with
split I/D which relaxes things a bit (for example the issue of linking big
executables and the workarounds employed by 2.11bsd "ld"). You might also
consider 4.4bsdlite if you want to be able to release your work, you could
grab any missing pieces that aren't in assembly from 386bsd etc.
Nick