[TUHS] "Edition 0" manual

Doug McIlroy doug at cs.dartmouth.edu
Tue Nov 24 11:55:36 AEST 2015

Among the papers of the late Bob Morris I have found a
Unix manual that I don't remember at all--a draft by
Dennis Ritchie, in the style of (but not designated as)
a technical report with numbered sections and subsections.
It does not resemble the familiar layout of the numbered
editions. Besides the usual overview of kernel and shell,
it describes system calls and some commands, in a layout
unrelated to the familiar man-page style. Detailed
reference/tutorial manuals for as, roff, db and ed
are included as appendices.

The famous and well-justified claim that "UNIX contains a numer
of features very seldom offered even by larger systems"
appears on page 1.

A little poking around tuhs.org didn't reveal a copy of
this document. Does anybody know of one somewhere else?

Doug