[TUHS] Questions regarding early Unix contributors

Nelson H. F. Beebe beebe at math.utah.edu
Wed Oct 7 23:26:45 AEST 2015

On Fri, 2 Oct 2015 12:00:08 -0600, I posted to this list a summary of the
earliest mentions of Unix in several corporate technical journals.

This morning, I made a similar search in the complete bibliographies of
29 journals on the history of computing, mathematics, and science listed at

	http://ftp.math.utah.edu/pub/tex/bib/index.html#content

As might be expected, there is little mention of Unix (or Linux) in those
publications: they only ones that I found are these:

| filename              | label            | substr(title,1,80)                                                               |
| cryptologia.bib       | Morris:1982:CFU  | Cryptographic Features of the UNIX Operating System                              |
| annhistcomput.bib     | Tomayko:1989:ACI | Anecdotes: a Critical Incident; The First Port of UNIX                           |
| annhistcomput.bib     | Tomayko:1989:AWC | Anecdotes: The Windmill Computer---An Eyewitness Report of the Scheutz Differenc |
| ieeeannhistcomput.bib | Toomey:2010:FEU  | First Edition Unix: Its Creation and Restoration                                 |
| ieeeannhistcomput.bib | Sippl:2013:IIM   | Informix: Information Management on Unix                                         |