[TUHS] Questions regarding early Unix contributors

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Thu Sep 24 23:56:42 AEST 2015

    > From: Clem Cole

    > Eric Schienbrood
    > .. Noel might remember his MIT moniker

No, alas; and I tried 'finger Schienbrood at lcs.mit.edu' and got no result.
Maybe he was in some other part of MIT, not Tech Sq?

    > From: Arnold Skeeve

    > Here too I think stuff written at ATT got out through Berkeley. (SCCS)

That happened at MIT, too - we had SCCS quite early (my MIT V6 manual has
it), plus all sorts of other stuff (e.g. TROFF).

I think some of it may have come through Jon Sieber, who, while he was in high
school, had been part of (IIRC) a Scout troop which had some association with
Bell Labs, and continued to have contacts there after he became an MIT
undergrad.

	Noel