[TUHS] Questions regarding early Unix contributors

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Tue Sep 29 00:59:21 AEST 2015

On Sat, 26 Sep 2015, Armando Stettner wrote:

> I also seem to recall him finish up the paper.  I was lucky in my office
> mates: I had John Lions and tjk.  Some place, I have a few pics of USG’s
> computer room.  I only recall RP04s however.  :(    aps.

Dr. John Lions?  He was one of my Comp.Sci lecturers, and a brilliant
bloke.

It was a sad day when we lost him.

I remember a USENET posting from long ago (yeah, I know), when someone
swore that it was Lyons.  Someone then replied along the lines of "Well,
I've just walked past his office door; it's Lions, as in the big cat."

Of course, my memory could be a little flakey by now.

              Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!