[TUHS] Comments on "C"

Marc Rochkind rochkind at basepath.com
Mon Aug 29 10:37:21 AEST 2016

Yeah, OK, another one of those clever glib UNIXy aphorisms.

But, as anyone who's actually programmed seriously in assembly language
knows, C is not assembler. It is a system programming language low enough
to be used for things that were once done in assembler, the most important
of which is an OS.

So, for most of us, we no longer had to write in assembler. But that
doesn't mean C is assembler.

So, are we just having fun over a few beers, or talking seriously? I like
both!

--Marc Rochkind