[TUHS] PDP-11 questions

John Cowan cowan at mercury.ccil.org
Mon Jan 25 07:10:14 AEST 2016

Ronald Natalie scripsit:

> There were the Dec Professional 325 and 350 desktops which had the
> F-11 and the 380 had the J-11 (which should make a pretty snazzy little
> retro UNIX system)

As well as the 310, which was not a desk*top* but a whole desk with a
PDP/8-A built into it.  The first regular job I ever had was with a
company that sold these along with their accounting software.

I got involved when they switched to developing for the PDP-11, writing
in Dibol and PDP-11 assembler.

John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        cowan at ccil.org
But you, Wormtongue, you have done what you could for your true master.  Some
reward you have earned at least.  Yet Saruman is apt to overlook his bargains.
I should advise you to go quickly and remind him, lest he forget your faithful
service.  --Gandalf