[TUHS] List reply-to

Steve Nickolas usotsuki at buric.co
Fri Jul 1 00:27:48 AEST 2016

On Thu, 30 Jun 2016, Warren Toomey wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 04:39:22AM -0600, Andrew Warkentin wrote:
>> I really should stop using Gmail's web interface and find an MUA that
>> has a "reply to list" feature and defaults to replying to the list for
>> messages from the list.
>
> I'm running a fairly default Mailman setup for TUHS. The reply-to option
> is set to be the original poster. I can change it to the list address if
> most people are happy for it to be that way.
>
> Mind you, I'm sure either choice won't be suitable for all subscribers.
>
> Cheers, Warren

Of course nothing will please everybody. xD

With Alpine at least I think if it's set to reply-to the list address by
default, then it'll just ask me when I hit reply, whether I want to use
the reply-to address or not, so I can have it both ways.  Dunno about more
"civilized" mail clients though - I've barely ever used anything that
wasn't Pine. ;)

-uso.