[TUHS] Pursuing Bell Labs stuff

Wendell P wendellp at operamail.com
Tue Jul 5 10:17:01 AEST 2016

Since a few people here are Bell Labs veterans, I'd to ask if someone
can explain a bit about that place. Sometimes I hear about work done
there that I'd like to follow up on, but I have no idea where to start.

For starters, I assume that everybody had to write up periodical reports
on their work. Was that stuff archived and is it still accessible
someplace? What about software that got to the point that it actually
had users beyond the developers? I know that major commercial projects
like UNIX are tied up in licensing limbo, but does that apply to
absolutely everything made there?

There is the AT&T Archives and History Center in Warren, NJ. Is it worth
asking if they have old tech reports?

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Or how I learned to stop worrying and
                          love email again