[TUHS] Early non-Unix filesystems?

Ronald Natalie ron at ronnatalie.com
Sun Mar 27 08:09:23 AEST 2016

> "Ahh. You don't understand. We only use the holes.”

Well actually, that’s pretty accurate.   The holes are the significant part.

I had some corporate guys come down to talk about doing interfacility collaboration on Engineering projects.   They’d identified this networked manufacturing configuration system and though we could use it to manage our 750,000 line code base in our products.    They seemed to thing a file was just a part.   I pointed out we were already using a distributed software configuration management system (Clearcase Multisite) and if they wanted to expand that to some more sites, I’d be glad to help.