[TUHS] Claim your early Unix contributions on GitHub

Joerg Schilling schily at schily.net
Thu Mar 31 02:40:55 AEST 2016

Marc Rochkind <rochkind at basepath.com> wrote:

> BSD is the new kind on the block. I don't think it came along until 1977 or
> so. Research UNIX I don't think picked up SCCS ever. SCCS first appeared in
> the PWB releases, if you don't count the earlier version in SNOBOL4 for the
> IBM mainframes.

I guess that SCCSv3 with binary history files (used before 1977) was written
in C already, correct?

I have never been able to find any SCCS sources that predate the conversion to
text history files in 1977. So I guess that before 1977, SCCS was only used
internally at AT&T.

Jörg

--
 EMail:joerg at schily.net                  (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin