[TUHS] Claim your early Unix contributions on GitHub

John Cowan cowan at mercury.ccil.org
Thu Mar 31 02:55:23 AEST 2016

Marc Rochkind scripsit:

> BSD is the new kind on the block. I don't think it came along until 1977 or
> so. Research UNIX I don't think picked up SCCS ever. SCCS first appeared in
> the PWB releases, if you don't count the earlier version in SNOBOL4 for the
> IBM mainframes.

Are any PWB releases publicly available?  Though they aren't explicitly
enumerated by the 2002 Caldera license, there's surely no one left with
standing to object to its publication today.

John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        cowan at ccil.org
Reversing the apostolic precept to be all things to all men, I usually [before
Darwin] defended the tenability of the received doctrines, when I had to do
with the [evolution]ists; and stood up for the possibility of [evolution] among
the orthodox --thereby, no doubt, increasing an already current, but quite
undeserved, reputation for needless combativeness.  --T. H. Huxley