[TUHS] Claim your early Unix contributions on GitHub

Larry McVoy lm at mcvoy.com
Thu Mar 31 13:40:03 AEST 2016

On Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 11:34:08PM -0400, Random832 wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 30, 2016, at 23:20, Larry McVoy wrote:
> > >
> > > Didn't you sue someone for writing a BK to Git exporter?
> >
> > Nope.  In 18 years of business we've never sued anyone.
>
> Sorry, I guess I got the timeline and the specifics mixed up (the stuff
> about a non-compete agreement - I've never heard of any other company
> having such a thing for their _customers_ - made me assume that there
> was an attempt to actually enforce that), but it certainly seemed like
> you were not very big fans of the idea of a perfect BK-to-_anything_
> exporter, since then you'd lose control of the users whose metadata you
> had locked up in your servers.

Dear Mr or Ms Random832,

The BK flame wars are long gone, Git won.  Not really interested in
rehashing all of that.  Especially not here.  Please take your ax
and grind it elsewhere if that is what you want to do.

To the rest of the list, sorry about this, not my intent to have these
"discussions" here.

--lm