[TUHS] Non-US Unix Activities

Tim Bradshaw tfb at tfeb.org
Sat Apr 8 20:57:13 AEST 2017

On 8 Apr 2017, at 00:31, Richard Tobin <richard at inf.ed.ac.uk> wrote:

> Presumably we gave the evaluation 2/120 back to Sun and bought the one
> mentioned by Tim (it was called "islay" unless I have become confused)
> a bit later, in 1985.

Gail says it was.  She thinks Islay *was* the evaluation machine, which was bought after it was evaluated (but she also says you'd know better).  I also remember (from reading the report?  It was all long before I was there of course) that an HLH Orion was evaluated, although this may be wrong.

That machine (islay) was, much later, given to Sun at Linlithgow as an artifact, but it is presumably gone now.