[TUHS] ARPAnet now 4 nodes

Jon Forrest nobozo at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 11:38:00 AEST 2017

On 12/4/2017 5:05 PM, Noel Chiappa wrote:
>      > From: Deborah Scherrer
>
>      > the initial research on the arpanet was done at Lawrence Berkeley Lab

I'm also skeptical about this claim, although it could depend on
what "initial research" means. I believe LBL did work on early TCP
implementations, the conversion from NCP to TCP, and the early "software
tools" movement. (I was there for a year in 1988 and had the office next
to Cliff Stoll when he was doing the Cookoo's Egg work, but that's
another story).

Jon