[TUHS] ARPAnet now 4 nodes

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Tue Dec 5 12:52:39 AEST 2017

    > From: Deborah Scherrer <dscherrer at solar.stanford.edu>

    >  A lot of the TCP/IP development was done at the Lab.

I think this is incorrect. The "Birth of the Internet" plaque:

  http://ana-3.lcs.mit.edu/~jnc/history/BirthInternetL.jpg

mentions a number of organizations, but not UCB.

Also, if you look at early TCP/IP Meeting Notes, which list all the meeting
attendees, e.g.:

  http://www.postel.org/ien/txt/ien3.txt
  http://www.postel.org/ien/txt/ien121.txt
  http://www.postel.org/ien/txt/ien134.txt
  http://www.postel.org/ien/txt/ien121.txt
  http://www.postel.org/ien/txt/ien160.txt
  http://www.postel.org/ien/txt/ien175.txt

(plus a bunch more only available in PDF form here:

  http://www.postel.org/ien/pdf

which I couldn't be bothered to look at, since they are huge scans which take
a while to download - see the IEN Index for the numbers) you won't find anyone
from UCB listed in any of them.

Berkeley did produce a now-common _implementation_ of TCP/IP, it's true, but
it had nothing to do with the "development" of TCP/IP.

	Noel