[TUHS] What UNIX Artifacts Are Still Missing?

Warren Toomey wkt at tuhs.org
Wed Dec 6 08:21:13 AEST 2017

All, it's time to nudge the conversation away from debugging 2017 OOM issues
and the pre-UNIX history of the Arpanet.

We've been able to recover quite a deal of UNIX artifacts in the past two
decades, but what artifacts (in your opinion) are still out there that
we should try and unearth? Remember that the 50th anniversary is coming up
in 2019.

Here's my list:
 - more PDP-7 source code: the shell, the rest of the utilities
 - more 1st Edition source code: the rest of the utilities
 - ditto the missing bits of 3rd, 4th and 5th Editions
 - the Phil Foglio artwork that became a Usenix t-shirt (Armando, any ideas?)
 - more details on who was Ted Bashkow, and the story behind his (+ others?)
   analysis of the 1st Edition kernel at http://www.tuhs.org/Archive/Distributions/Research/Dennis_v1/PreliminaryUnixImplementationDocument_Jun72.pdf
 - a firm date on the day that Ken added pipes to the kernel :)

What else should be we looking for? What physical artifacts (drawings,
artwork etc.) have we missed that should be sought after?

Cheers, Warren