[TUHS] Dash options

Greg 'groggy' Lehey grog at lemis.com
Thu Dec 7 15:15:38 AEST 2017

On Tuesday,  5 December 2017 at 14:22:11 +0100, Steffen Nurpmeso wrote:

>  ||>>  @ADD,PL ASGDMS              . ASSIGNIERT DATENBASIS
>  ||>
>  ||> "WEIßT DATENBASIS ZU" or "ZUWEISUNG DATENBASIS"
>  ||>>  @ASG,A PF.                  . PF IST PROGRAMM-FILE MIT GOPU
>  ||>
>  ||> "PF IST PROGRAMM-DATEI MIT GOPU" or so.
>
> I have apologised for this brusque and rude tone in private.

Particularly in view of other posts on this list, I'd like to note
that I didn't take it to be rude.

> Unfortunately Greg Lehey was the one who took up that thread.
> Puh; he is also right correcting my statements, it should have
> been "Weist Datenbasis zu" and "PF ist Programmdatei mit GOPU"
> instead of what i falsely claimed.
>
>> The question that should have been asked with mild interest and
>> very kind should have been "Why has German been used to comment
>> this code?" at first, i am afraid to realize.

This was a random choice of code that I happened to have on my
machine.  It was documentation for code written in Mannheim in
November 1973.  Arguably I should have removed the comments, but I
thought that the comment syntax was of marginal interest.

This has nothing more to do with Unix (it barely had in the first
place), so let's forget it.

Greg
--
Sent from my desktop computer.