[TUHS] shell PS1/PS2 which survive cut-paste

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Wed Dec 6 13:45:44 AEST 2017

On 12/05/2017 06:22 PM, George Michaelson wrote:
> I tried a long time ago to set PS1 and PS2 to character sequences
> which would permit cut-paste to work. I failed, but I didn't try very
> hard.

What do you mean by "permit cut (and) paste to work"?  Do you want to be
able to cut (triple click the entire line in Xterm) and then paste it
(middle click a new line) and have it execute?  Or do you mean that you
want it to not execute as a safety measure?

Or are you wanting to go one step further and have something that
toggles input interpretation off until a character sequence is provided,
possibly by the prompt?  Ideally so that you would not accidentally copy
& paste swaths of screen output and have it executed.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die