[TUHS] how do I unsubscribe

Ralph Corderoy ralph at inputplus.co.uk
Thu Dec 7 21:28:38 AEST 2017

Hi Noel,

> So, I'm getting the impression, from the reactions about civility,
> etc, that people aren't disagreeing with the characterization of
> "rudeness" (which can only be meaning my posts). Can someone please
> point to text in my messages which they consider "rude"? Thanks.

I've just read through a large backlog and so saw all the emails in
quick succession, and have then re-read from the archive.  I can't point
to ones where you were rude.  You politely disagreed with recollections,
e.g. from Deborah, giving references to literature, or statements, e.g.
Jon F.'s `LBL has never been part of UC Berkeley'.  You may have been
pedantic, but you didn't make it personal, and I saw no rampant ego.

This is a history list and, though in living memory, much of it is
unwritten, vague, and contradictory.  If we're not allowed to politely
disagree then we won't work to clarify.

--
Cheers, Ralph.
https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy