[TUHS] The French SOL Project

Pierre Chapuis catwell at catwell.info
Wed Dec 13 00:52:30 AEST 2017

SOL was a spin-off research project from a more famous French research
project called Cyclades, the first datagram network [1]. Knowing that I
would guess that the IP may be owned by INRIA.
Chorus Systems was a startup which was acquired by Sun in 1997, and the
IP belongs to Oracle. However version 5.0 was open sourced by Sun and
forked under the name Jaluna, apparently the sources can still be found
at SourceForge [2].
I couldn't find any sources for SOL, and I don't think it has ever been
completed.
[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CYCLADES
[2] https://sourceforge.net/projects/jaluna/files/Developer%20Edition/1.0/
--