[TUHS] Early Clones / Rewrites for TUHS archives

Random832 random832 at fastmail.com
Wed Dec 13 02:29:38 AEST 2017

On Tue, Dec 12, 2017, at 09:40, Clem Cole wrote:
> My question about SOL got me thinking a bit.  It would be nice to have
> section in TUHS of any early clones that could be collected.   The two
> that I can think of that probably should be there are (other feel free
> to point ones that we should try to find):

A while ago I ran across a manual for "Cromix" - which looks like it
wasn't really unix-compatible as such, but clearly a 'clone' of it in a
looser sense, and ran on a Z80 machine. "Micronix" seems to have also
run on Z80 machines, and to have been a much closer imitation of V6
unix.

http://www.autometer.de/unix4fun/z80pack/ftp/cromemco/Cromemco%20Cromix%20Instruction%20Manual%20023-4022%20198212.pdf
http://bitsavers.trailing-edge.com/pdf/morrow/decision/Micronix_Operating_System_1.61_Jun83.pdf