[TUHS] Code bloat (was: How Unix brings people together, or it's a small...)

Steffen Nurpmeso steffen at sdaoden.eu
Fri Feb 10 03:24:12 AEST 2017

Larry McVoy <lm at mcvoy.com> wrote:
 |Exactly.  I live in the Santa Cruz mountains, which is awesome (well,
 |quite remote, we have a mountain lion that comes through here nightly

That is pretty cool!  Some are still alive!!

 |(I know because I lost a dog to it and they showed me the radio collar

That is .. not so cool.  There is quite some sympathy from
Darmstadt, Germany.  (But, mind you, these are all street pissers!)

 |tracking, on a map it looks like someone took a pencil and scribbled
 |back and forth as hard as they could through our place).
 |
 |In spite of that, I'm typing away to you all, I'm 3ms away from 8.8.8.8
 |(Google's dns server).  Go wireless.  It's pretty remarkable to be here
 |and have decent net connectivity.

America is first world.  This statement declassifies most of
Germanies countryside as second world, at maximum.  I for one am
happy if i get a constant stream equivalent to ISDN.  In the outer
region of a city in one of the richest parts of Germany, that is.

--steffen