[TUHS] Mach for i386 / Mt Xinu or other

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Sat Feb 18 00:29:21 AEST 2017

On Fri, Feb 17, 2017 at 6:30 AM, <jsteve at superglobalmegacorp.com> wrote:

> ​i​
> t’d be interesting to see a 4.3BSD on a PC!

​It should have added - that's easy today.  Just buy an Apple Mac or create
an HackenTosh, then ignore the Apple UI, just run from the terminal.
Darwin is Mach 2.5, with BSD under the covers.     Although to be fair,
over the years, that have more and more diverted from a lot of core UNIX in
many things in the back, but frankly, I do find it more UNIX-like than not
and  40+ years of "muscle memory" in my fingers mostly get the right
results.

Clem