[TUHS] Reorganising the Unix Archive? (GNU?)

arnold at skeeve.com arnold at skeeve.com
Tue Feb 21 04:27:04 AEST 2017

Hi Debborah.

I don't know if we ever met but I certainly recognize your name
from the Software Tools work.

The original Ratfor and Pascal versions of the tools from the
Kernighan and Plauger books are already in the archive, donated
by yours truly many years ago. (They're from the tapes Addison Wesley
would sell you at the time.)

Nontheless, I think it would be WONDERFUL to have the enhanced
tools you folks did in the archives.

Please contribute them!

Arnold

P.S. I've asked before, but maybe there are more people around now...

I was involved with the Georgia Tech subsystem for Pr1me computers which
also built a very Unix like environment in an enhnaced Ratfor to run
on top of Primos.  Some of the doc is archived, and I have some paper
copies, but I'd love to see that code unearthed...

I've made a very few bits that were ported to C are available under
http://github.com/arnoldrobbins, and the 'se' editor has been revived
by Thomas Cort at se-editor.org, but that's all in C.

If anyone has a tape, I might have a program that could extract
it under *nix.

Thanks!