[TUHS] Un-released/internal/special UNIX versions/ports during the years?

tfb at tfeb.org tfb at tfeb.org
Mon Feb 27 02:06:09 AEST 2017

On 26 Feb 2017, at 15:52, Joerg Schilling <schily at schily.net> wrote:

> OK, then Gosling just had the idea of including lisp.

I'd have to check the chronology but I'm fairly sure that EINE predates Gosling Emacs by several years: I'd assume that either EINE is where Gosling got the idea, or that it was just obvious, since Emacs came from an environment where implementing things in Lisp was not a strange idea, to put it rather mildly.

(Note I agree that Gosling Emacs is the root of Emacs-on-Unix and that without that Emacs would likely have died out with the platforms it lived on.)

--tim