[TUHS] roff

Michael Kerpan madcrow.maxwell at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 05:41:44 AEST 2017

Heirloom roff, as maintained at
https://github.com/n-t-roff/heirloom-doctools, started with the code
released as part of OpenSolaris and added UTF-8 support, support for
various key bits added by groff, and then support for various modern
"smartfont" features, as well as the ability to use modern font files
directly rather than having to jump through various hoops. The whole
package is much lighter than groff while also having more (useful)
features and not having --very-long-options-like-this

Mike