[TUHS] MacOS X is Unix (tm)

Kurt H Maier khm at sciops.net
Mon Jan 2 06:28:50 AEST 2017

On Sun, Jan 01, 2017 at 11:33:45AM -0800, David wrote:
> Linux is to diversified at this point to make it to the desktop any time soon.

I haven't had a job that didn't provide a Linux workstation since the
early 2000s.  Linux has made it to the desktop already, regardless of what
goes on in discount electronics stores.  It's not particularly good at
the desktop, but then, it's not particularly good at anything else,
either.  Like any other operating system, you get out what you put in.

Happy new year.

khm