[TUHS] the guy who brought up SVr4 on Sun machines

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Fri Jan 6 02:31:51 AEST 2017

On Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 11:23 AM, Larry McVoy <lm at mcvoy.com> wrote:

> found him a
> ​ ​
> pleasure to work with,

​Same here....​  I never fully understood what happened. I was friends with
all of them at the time and tried to stay out of the fight. BTW: I didn't
think it was USENIX as much as a couple members of the CSRG/BSDi crew.   I
know of couple of the folks that he did battle, but not the details nor did
I want to know.

​From a historical perspective, Bill & I wrote the original AT disk
interface code for 386BSD - I was consulting the chief arch if NCR who was
doing their first x86 systems at the time.  For those interested in early
UNIX ports, particularly to the 386 check out the DDJ articles.

Clem