[TUHS] TUHS Digest, Vol 14, Issue 63

Marc Rochkind rochkind at basepath.com
Tue Jan 17 02:52:27 AEST 2017

If you think AT&T looked askance at cheap networking, you can imagine what
they thought of cheap telephones. When I interviewed in early 1970 at
Columbus, I recall one of the engineers joking that you'd have to buy one
of those "imitation" phones at a discount store, as if that vision was
enough to kill off the idea.