[TUHS] TUHS Digest, Vol 14, Issue 63

Steve Johnson scj at yaccman.com
Tue Jan 17 05:17:09 AEST 2017

This comment reminded me of an internal talk I attended at Bell
Labs.  It had the single most powerful slide I've ever seen in a
talk.  It was a talk about internal networking, and the slide looked
like your standard network diagram -- lots of circles with lots of
lines connecting them.  The computation centers were networked.
UUCP was on there, and datakit.

But dead in the middle of the slide was a circle that had absolutely
no connections with anything.  Of course, somebody asked about, and
was told "Oh.  That's the networking department..."

As I recall, said department ceased to exist about a month later...