[TUHS] Oracle euthanizes Solaris 12, expunging it from roadmap

Tim Bradshaw tfb at tfeb.org
Fri Jan 20 02:39:45 AEST 2017

Well, they are probably reacting to what their customers want which, in my experience working at a fairly typical customer up to a couple of years ago, is indeed Linux.  That's kind of sad, but Linux, much though I'd like to hate it, is unfortunately both a significantly more pleasant experience as a user & administrator, and a lot easier to hire people for.  It's 20 years too late for Solaris to have a future.