[TUHS] Early Internet work (Was: History of select(2))

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Mon Jan 30 12:39:48 AEST 2017

On Sun, Jan 29, 2017 at 9:32 PM, Larry McVoy <lm at mcvoy.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 29, 2017 at 09:19:48PM -0500, Clem Cole wrote:
> > ???Right the Masscomp and Apollo systems were the two most successful to
> use
> > the Forest Basket "Fixer/Executor" model.
>
> Huh, I didn't know that.  So he's the guy who came up with that design?

I used have a copy of the paper. I looked for it a few years ago and could
not find it. [ I lost some stuff in the great condo flood of 1990.   I fear
that was one of the papers that got soaked].

IIRC: He presented it at the Asilomar microprocessor conference in 1980.
Robert Chew might know, as he used to run the conference.​