[TUHS] Early Internet work (Was: History of select(2))

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Tue Jan 31 02:15:28 AEST 2017

    > From: Clem Cole

    > Steve Ward's guys writing Trix hacked together a compiler, assembler and
    > the like.

All of which I have the source for - just looked through it.

    > If memory serves me, tjt wrote the assembler

I have the NROFF source for the "A68 Assembler Reference", and it's by James
L. Gula and Thomas J. Teixeira. It says that "A68 is an edit of the MICAL
assembler also written by Mike [Patrick].".

    > Jack Test did much of the compiler and again IIRC that was based on PCC.

I dunno, I'm not familiar with PCC, so I can't say. It definitely looks very
different from the Ritchie C compiler.

	  Noel