[TUHS] Source code abundance?

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Sun Mar 5 02:34:54 AEST 2017

On Sat, Mar 4, 2017 at 11:28 AM, Clem Cole <clemc at ccc.com> wrote:

> Not be argumentative, but I do not think SCO matters at this point

​That was probably a little to harsh... except for SCO's own IP...  but for
the base UNIX IP, i.e. SVR3, R4, etc.. the US courts decided it was
Novell's property. ​ The question is what is/was IBM and Sun's license with
them associated.  So far the courts have said int eh case of IBM it was
allowed to put anything in Linux it.

What we really need is a definitive statement from microfocus making SVRx
available.

The other side piece I wonder about, was the AT&T/UI et al was planning and
starting to work with Chorus?   What happened to that work?   Where did it
end up?  Does anyone know?

Clem