[TUHS] Source code abundance?

Joerg Schilling schily at schily.net
Mon Mar 6 05:15:20 AEST 2017

Clem Cole <clemc at ccc.com> wrote:

> Not be argumentative, but I do not think SCO matters at this point as I'm
> under the impression that per IBM/SCO case the US courts have ruled - i.e.
>

> https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB118678589019694632
>
> Court Ruling Gives Novell Copyright in Unix System
> By
> KEITH J. WINSTEIN and
>
> WILLIAM M. BULKELEY
> Updated Aug. 11, 2007 12:01 a.m. ET
>
> A federal court in Utah ruled that Novell Inc., not SCO Group Inc., is the
> rightful owner of the copyright in the Unix operating system.

Novells claims are not very credible....

I mentioned that the USL laboratories from AT&T (including the people who work
there) have been handed over from AT&T to Novell and later to SCO.

It is most unlikely that these people did not terminate their contract in case
the ownership of the code has not been transfered to the respective new owner
of the company.

Jörg

--
 EMail:joerg at schily.net                  (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin