[TUHS] Need your help for 2019

Charles Anthony charles.unix.pro at gmail.com
Sun Mar 5 03:41:32 AEST 2017

On Sat, Mar 4, 2017 at 3:09 AM, Jacob Goense <dugo at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> On 2017-03-04 04:16, Warren Toomey wrote:
>
>> - these connected to real/emulated Unix systems either locally or via a
>>   terminal server and telnet to remotely emulated systems
>>

> Getting Arpanet back up is tricky. I think only KLH10 has decent IMP
> support. Not much of UNIX history runs on that.
>
> There is the H316 emulator in simh, but its IMP-host interface would
> need to be fleshed out and the corresponding host cards do not exist
> yet in the simh VAX/PDP emulators.

I did a bit of the fleshing out; it can be found at:

https://github.com/charlesUnixPro/simh/

on branch dps8m.

The 'ready' bits on the interface needs some work. The "cable" is
implemented as UDP packets; probably the code should periodically send
packets if the interface is enabled and the other end should keep a timeout
counter to detect the other end not ready.

-- Charles