[TUHS] Need your help for 2019

John Floren john at jfloren.net
Tue Mar 7 03:51:37 AEST 2017

On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 8:16 PM, Warren Toomey <wkt at tuhs.org> wrote:
> Mid-year 2019 is the 50th anniversary of the creation of Unix and I've
> been quietly agitating for something to be done to celebrate this. Up to
> now, there's been little response.

Unix-adjacent, now that Multics is apparently booting in emulation I
think it would be an interesting addition as well. I guess the Living
Computer Museum has it connected to a real front-panel
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jni7wk7bjxA) and hope to get it
networked, so they might be interested.

As for myself, I'd be happy to throw up a node on my end. I no longer
have any real hardware (sold my PDP-11) but depending on the network
theme I can stand up a Unix on an rpi in emulation, I could try to
boot Multics, or set up a Plan 9 server ("son of Unix").

I think a 50th Anniversary UUCP Network would be very cool, be it over
TCP or a bunch of modems.

John